Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.
My  Top Ten Books I have Lied About:
I can't remember all of the books assigned to me in grad school, I am sure a lot more of them would be on this list... though the majority of this list was assigned reading.

  1. Moby Dick. I was assigned this in 20th Century American Novel in undergrad, I will remember this for the rest of my life. The one book I didn't read was the book the stupid professor focused on for the rest of the semester. I don't think I managed more than a C+ that semester. 
  2. Ender's Game. It made my brain hurt.
  3. Little Women. I probably, really, never finished reading this book. But I love it. And I've seen the movie 5000 times. 
  4. Alice in Wonderland. I think I lost this one in book ADD mode. 
  5. Siddhartha... I was assigned this in high school and had an on going joke with another girl about how we would never reach enlightenment because we didn't finish it.
  6. The Godfather. I tired, it's just too long.
  7. The first 2 Harry Potters. They were too much like the movie, this was when the screenplays matched the book length. 
  8. The Stranger. Another high school book. Awful class.
  9. One Hundred Years of Solitude. Too many names to keep track of. 
  10. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Loved the movies, just too girlly for me to read. I will read the new adult book in the series though!

2 comments:

  1. Moby Dick made list too. I did end up going back and reading it because I was scared of the book karma getting me for my fibbing! ;) Oh and for the record... I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    I think the majority of everyone's list is assigned reading! =)

    And I love your Siddhartha joke! LOL!

    ReplyDelete