Monday, March 21, 2011

What I've Been Reading

I finished Hex Hall. It took me a while to get into it (mostly my own time constraints) but once I did, I literally could not put it down. Sophie Mercer is amusing and honest. Her school is a mismash of different supernatural beings. That is a part of the plot that could have been explored more, the shape shifters were left out a bit. But I guess that's what makes it a great first in a series, I am really looking forward to Demonglass and to see what happens to Sophie next. Sidenote: as much as I am against the whole every teen book becoming a movie, I could see it becoming a movie. It will fill the void in our hearts when the Harry Potter and Twilight movie franchises conclude this summer and fall.

I started reading Bumped (via NetGalley) and quickly got bored of it. On the other hand I have started The Goddess Test, (also via NetGalley) and it is addictive. Love Greek mythology.

I am also reading the Hunger Games. Again. I am now going to eat my own words... it is not boring, I was wrong. I should have given it a better chance the first time I tried to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment