Monday, February 28, 2011

Night of the Librarian Zombie

I moved into a new apartment over the weekend and decided that for once I would take time off to really move in.

I came into work tonight after having the last 3 days off, completely. I never have 2 days off in a row, much less 3. While it was beneficial, there is just the random decorations left to unpack, I am a zombie here tonight.

So I thought it would be helpful if I made a list of things to do, for the night, this week, goals for March, etc. Lists help. I know that I had to get my new books ready for the clerk to process so I did that first. The other things on my list, in order of priority are:

  1. Find a visiting artist to come and do a program. I haven't planned a program since beginning this job so it is a bit daunting.
  2. Create a mascot for the summer reading program. 
  3. Put an order together for March. I only have 3 more months of the budget year so I have to make it last, but at the same time keep my little graphic novel boyfriends happy. 
  4. Plan a job/career fair for the teens. This is a maybe. When the idea for this program came up, I was going to plan it with another librarian in the same quadrant. Since she's leaving me for another library this is kind of up in the air. I should probably just do it. 
  5. Plan summer reading programs for the teens. I started planning with the Children's librarian the other night for programs at our library so we're halfway there. I can't believe we're thinking about summer already.

These are all things that have to be done in March or started in March. And tonight I have... Read through blogs, added too many books to my goodreads and checked the e-mail. Because that's what happens when you have that many days off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment