Thursday, December 30, 2010

Talking to the Dead

So I was browsing through random award nominee lists, since it is that time of year and I found this book: Hold me Closer, Necromancer.

I then moved on to lists of popular titles on Barnes and Noble and Goodreads. I see books like Fallen, Hush, Hush and Entice.

I have a question to ask, and don't mind me if I sound naive.

When did the dead become a main character in young adult literature?
And when did dead people become so lovable?

Is this the trend path that literature is going to follow? First wizards, then vampires and werewolves, and now a whole bunch of the dead (or undead)? I am going to blame this on Harry Potter.

Right now I am reading Hold me Closer, Necromancer, so far it is an amusing story of an underachiever who happens to raise the dead. I have also started  Fallen, about a girl who keeps falling in love with an angel, over and over again. For some reason I have book ADD, can't read one character at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment